Saturday, October 12, 2013

Sydney Day 1

Finally, tersampai juga hajat nak tulis on my September family holiday to Sydney. Believe it or not, I am here in my class hearing my lecturer lecturing in front of the class on one end while on the other end, writing about my holiday. Sungguh inappropriate. 

Anyway, we went for a 6 days 5 nights stay with the parents, kakak and lil Iman. The husband decided not to follow us sebab dia kata "Sydney is not my place". So yeay, he was left behind alone looking after the house. We went on our own - didn't attached with any of the tour agency. Thanks to my sister for doing all the research and preparing our itinerary. My duty was just to get them the air tickets which ended up having so much problem. Note to self - I will never fly with AirAsia again. OK, itu cerita lain.

So anyway, we started our journey taking the night flight to Sydney via Air Asia. It was a loonnnnnngggg 8 hours flight but Alhamdulillah, Iman slept throughout the whole journey. Kalau tak, imagine the hustle I have to go through. I forced myself to sleep during the journey else, I pon akan meroyan dalam flight. Don't want to complain much about it sebab we were the one yang nak naik Air Asia. 

Enough on Air Asia story, we safely landed at Sydney International Airport half an hour earlier than the scheduled time. Landed around 9.30am Sydney time on a Thursday morning. One of our fear was not being able to get out from the immigration checkout clean. With all the instant food the we brought along during the trip sungguh merisaukan. Just to be safe, we decided to declare everything. Alhamdulillah, we were let go free dengan mudahnya. I believe this is all because of Iman. Everything is labelled under baby food hence the immigration officers let us go with no extensional check-up. Risau ok knowing that Australian immigration department yang sungguh super strict but Alhamdulilah!

We got the MPV taxi right at the arrival exit and we went straight to our apartment. We stayed at Medina Apartment, Double Bay. Thanks again to my efficient kakak who made the bookings. She was the one doing all the research. In fact, our first option was to stay at Malaysia Hall tapi sebab dah full we decided to go for this apartment. Ada hikmahnya.

Our apartment.

This is our neighbouring area.
The neighbouring area - our usual walk to the nearby grocery shop
The view from our living room.

And of course, the lil girl is enjoying herself walking barefooted on a cold weather.

We safely arrived our apartment at 12 noon and Masyaallah, the weather was wonderful. Bright, windy and cooling. Our apartment was located at Double Bay, 5 minutes walk to the nearest Double Bay ferry station. It's a housing area and the place was peaceful. Tenang sangat.

Due to the long hours of journey we had earlier, we decided not to go anywhere that day. After we settled down, semua pengsan. By the time we woke up dah pukol 5.30pm (Sydney time) and by 6.00pm it was already dark outside. No point pon nak keluar.

Our jalan-jalan starts the next day which I will write soon.

No comments: